ADAMS Release 7 May 2019 - What's new?
1. Click on New EQAS in the search area
2. The EQAS results page will appear
As of Release 4.0, in pursuance of the International Standard for Laboratories 2015 (ISL) clause 22.214.171.124, the field Result Management Authority is to be added on the Lab pages in ADAMS (Lab result/EQAS/BPLR) as an optional field and the Testing authority as a mandatory field to allow Labs to report this information. In addition, the IST 2015 dictates that the RMA should become a mandatory field on the Doping control form (DCF). The TA is already a mandatory field on the DCF.
3. Select EQAS number: this is at all times a mandatory field
4. Enter the Sample code (mandatory at all times). The system will automatically check on duplicate sample codes (per PT number per Lab)
5. Verify the Sample type (mandatory at all times) and Sample A/B fields
Since ADAMS 4.0 the SampleAB can assume the values A, B, B1 and B2. In conformance with the Code 2015 - clause 2.1.2, ADAMS needs to account for the possibility of splitting an athlete’s B sample into two bottles – a B1 & B2 sample – and to allow the Labs to differentiate and to report the results accordingly after their analysis.
6. Enter a Lab Reference # if desired (e.g. Lab's internal sample code)
7. Complete the mandatory Sample Specific Gravity (Initial Testing Procedure) (4 significant digits), Sample Specific Gravity (Confirmation Procedure), and pH (2 significant digits). (The Validity field is blanked out)
ADAMS Release 7 May 2019:
8. Fill in:
Labs are able to provide more information on the IRMS-reporting for samples with a date received after 1 Jan 2016:
-δ values of IRMS Target Compounds, and associated uc: this information is mandatory for at least one Target Compound
-δ values of Endogenous Reference Compounds, and associated uc: one is mandatory (preferentially PDiol)
-IRMS Comments: free text (optional); if as a TC the option "Other (specify in comments)" is selected, the description can be stated here
- δ TC = δERC – δTC: is automatically calculated and displayed
Labs are able to indicate a dedicated Overall IRMS conclusion irrespective and independent from the overall Lab test result.
This to address the following problem cases: Lab has detected a prohibited substance (eg. S1.1A Exogenous AAS/clostebol) and intends to report this finding as an AAF in ADAMS. In addition, an IRMS analysis was performed and values for the TC/ERC were determined. The IRMS-conclusion however was Negative or ATF (inconclusive). Similar for other combinations such as Negative or ATF for the Lab result, whereas the IRMS proves to be an AAF.
If one of the first three options (Negative, AAF, ATF) is ticked, it becomes mandatory for the user to enter at least one TC/ERC value in the dedicated section. When the Lab result is Saved in the (Partially) submitted status, the system will check if the selected Overall IRMS-conclusion matches the ‘highest level’ of result inferred from the TC/ERC (precedence of severity is AAF>ATF>Negative). Otherwise an error message will be prompted.
If one of the last two options (ATF-Lab’s opinion, ATF-technical limitations) is ticked, it is not required for the user to enter TC/ERC values in the dedicated section. This is optional, so the error message will not appear when the result is saved.
9. For Urine samples the details regarding the LH-Analysis can be provided:
According to the section 5.2 of WADA’s Technical documents for Labs - TD2018CG/LH - “The Laboratory shall report the measured concentration of total LH when the Initial Testing Procedure produces a Presumptive Adverse Analytical Finding (PAAF), i.e. if the total LH concentration (after adjustment if urine SG is greater than 1.020) is greater than 60 IU/L when using the Immulite assay or greater than 40 IU/L when applying the Delfia assay. In cases when LH is not detectable, the Laboratory shall report the finding as “the concentration of LH was less than the limit of detection (LOD)” and specify the applicable LOD”.
This LH-reporting takes effect on1 March 2018 for the Labs (in ADAMS as per Release June 2018).
10. To add a metabolite and/or prohibited substance click on the AddSubstance button, and select the required Class. The substance is mandatory when a substance class is selected. Click on the Add Metabolite to detail possible associated metabolite(s), and enter the appropriate information. If more than one prohibited substance and/or metabolite is to be reported, then click on the Add Substance and/or Add Metabolite button to detail each finding.
The Only metabolite(s) checkbox can be checked to indicate that only metabolite(s) were detected during the analysis (not the parent). This will be explicitly reflected as such and clearly stated in the pdf Test report (produced by dint of the Print analysis result record- button). When the box is checked, at least one metabolite in combination with a substance/class has to be specified at the time of (partial) Submission.
11. If a specific so-called Threshold substance (e.g. "epitestosterone > DL of 240 ng/mL") is selected when Adding a substance in the previous step, then automatically a new section for Quantitative Results appears, which may be completed:
Data must include Mean value (with units), the Combined standard uncertainty details, triplicate sample results (with units), the Standard Deviation (SD), and Details concerning finding – if any.
12. For the reporting of Steroid Profiling data (endogenous steroids) on Urine samples a dedicated section can be used.
It allows for reporting on the:
13. Laboratory Test resultvalue:
14. Change the lab result Status:
15. If you are ready to record the result into ADAMS, DO NOT FORGET to click on the Save button.
16. Before a status is changed to Submitted, verify that the entered information is correct, i.e. one way to do this is to use the Print Analysis Results Record button to review a hardcopy prior to submission.
17. If desired, use the Print-button to create a hardcopy of the EQAS result record (page being displayed, related data in the database including data under the Tabs). It is recommended to print in View-mode and not the Edit-mode.
18. Once an EQAS-result is Saved with the Submitted status, the record will be locked for modification. If a change is necessary after submission, WADA has to be contacted in order to allow (change the status of an EQAS-result back to Partially Submitted) a Lab-user (not WADA!) to edit and re-submit the record.