You are viewing an old version of this page. View the current version.
ADAMS Version 4.0
This ADAMS User Guide was designed to show you how to perform basic functions within ADAMS, step by step, in the most direct way. The individual sections are arranged in a sequence that follows a typical workflow. Throughout this document, we have used fictitious names for all persons in our screen shots and examples. Any resemblance to real persons, living or not, is purely coincidental.Please note, too, that some screen shots may appear different than in your installation due to browser settings and hardware configuration of your computer.
What’s New in Release 4.0 (December 8th 2014)?
Code ISL ISTUE ISPPPI TDSSA 2015 effective start date in ADAMS
2015 Code, IST, ISTUE, ISPPPI and TDSSA related enhancements will come in effect on January 1st 2015 New Zealand time.
Code art.6.4: Lab Menu of methods with prices, visible to ADOs
As per WADA Code 2015 art 6.4, Testing Authorities (IF/NADO/ etc.) will be given the possibility to view WADA Accredited Laboratories analyzing capabilities, methods and prices.
This information will be available from the Contact info link in the ADAMS header.
ISL art.188.8.131.52: RMA field Lab result/EQAS/BPLR page
In pursuance of the International Standard for Laboratories 2015 (ISL) clause 184.108.40.206, the field Result Management Authority will be added to the Lab pages in ADAMS (Lab result/EQAS/BPLR) to allow Labs to report this information.
The Testing Authority field will also become mandatory on the lab form.
On the DCF the Result Management Authority becomes a mandatory field as well.
Code art.2.1.2: Splitting B sample into and B1 & B2 sample
In conformance with the Code 2015 - art. 2.1.2, ADAMS will allow the splitting an athlete’s B sample into two bottles – a B1 & B2 sample – and to allow the Labs to differentiate and to report the results accordingly after their analysis.
2015 International Standard for Protection of Privacy and Personal Information
ADAMS data retention policies will be updated in accordance with the ISPPPI 2015.
TDSSA Sports- Disciplines list management
The list of sports/disciplines available in Doping Control Forms will be restricted to the ones in Appendix 1 and 2 of the International Standard for Sport Specific Analysis. It is available for download here.
The field, “Sport/discipline” in Test and DCF forms, will no longer be auto-filled based on the athlete profile information; a manual selection will be required.
What’s New in Release 3.7 (August 7th 2014)?
- Hematological passport validity calculation
As of September 1st 2014, the hematological passport validity will be calculated not only based on the delay between the sample collection and the analysis time (delay of 48h) but also based on the time difference between the sample collection and the laboratory receipt time (36h). Should any of the two conditions not be met, ADAMS will invalidate the result.
Both Testing Authority and APMU will be able to modify the values.
The validity of samples received by Labs. before September 1st 2014 will not be amended.
- As of September 1st 2014, the “time received” of blood ABP samples by the Laboratory will become mandatory for all Biological Passport Lab Results submissions in ADAMS.This entails that the format of the field “date_received” in the CSV import files will become “yyyy-mm-dd hh:mm” instead of currently “yyyy-mm-dd”.
- Biological passport graphs display
Athlete Biological Passport graphs, currently display a maximum of 10 tests for small graphs and 30 for the expanded versions. Users will be allowed, when viewing the expanded graphs, to display all tests included in the passport for both Hematological and Steroidal Passports.
- Experts access to previously reviewed passports
Hematological and Steroidal experts will be able to view their previously submitted reports and associated passports using the Hematological and Steroidal passport quick search, search and the links in the received notifications.
The content of previously reviewed passports will not be updated; a snapshot will be available.
- Suspicious Steroid Profile Confirmation Procedure Request notification
The "Suspicious Steroid Profile Confirmation Procedure Request" notification will be introduced notification as per conditions given in TD2014EAAS version 2.0.
The notification type to add to your user accounts is “Lab Confirmation Procedure”.
- ATPF confirmation procedure request notification when an IRMS analysis is already completed.
The ATPF confirmation procedure request notification will not be sent when the submitted lab result includes an IRMS analysis type which is consistent with the administration of exogenous steroids and is "AAF".
- Steroidal variables - Significant digits
Laboratories will be allowed to enter any number of significant digits for steroidal variables. ADAMS will then adjust the number of digits as per the TDEAAS 2014 version 2.0
- Reduce the size of BPID
ADAMS BPIDs are becoming too complex; the number of characters will now be limited to 8.
- Adding attachments to a biological passport page
New “Documents for experts” and “Documents for APMU” tabs will be added to the athlete biological passport page. This will allow documents sharing between Experts and APMU and between APMU and passport custodian.
Version of ADAMS 3.6 features the following enhancements:
- Lab capabilities and methods: WADA Accredited Laboratories will be able to indicate their general analyzing capabilities as a Lab and the methods that were used when analyzing the specific sample. This sample information will be available to ADO users in the lab result page and certificate of analysis PDF form.
- Steroid Parameters and Specific gravity fields will no longer be mandatory for B samples submissions.
The enhancements of version ADAMS 3.5 were:
- hGH and Marker Reporting: Updates to the 2012 International Standard for Laboratories (ISL) require laboratories to follow specific protocol when reporting hGH and hGH Marker Adverse Analytical Findings.The new Sample Analysis Attributes have been manually created in ADAMS. Each type is associated with four dedicated (new) Threshold Substances, which are available as selection options from the List of Prohibited Substances.