3. Check the use SMS checkbox for the mobile telephone you wish to register for SMS service. If the checkbox is not shown, your organization is not set up to support SMS. The activate button will appear, along with a WARNING message.
For US-based mobile telephone numbers, the US based mobile checkbox should be checked. Owners of mobile numbers whose carrier is based in the United States should be using the phone number: 1 641 847 0066 to send SMS messages to ADAMS. (Please note that this service is not available for Canadian-based mobile numbers.). If you register a mobile telephone number beginning with a 1 area code (i.e. based in North America), a additional message will appear. This message reminds mobile customers based in the United States that they can enter the HELP and STOP command at any time from their mobile telephone, to obtain more information and opt-out of SMS in ADAMS, respectively. A link displaying the Terms and Conditions for US-based customer also appears.
4. Click the activate button. ADAMS Whereabouts will then send an SMS message containing a three-digit activation code to the mobile telephone number being registered. The message will instruct you to reply via SMS with the three-digit activation code.
- You can at any time disable SMS for a specific telephone number by editing your profile and un-checking the use SMS checkbox, then clicking save. Once SMS is disabled on a specific telephone number, you must follow the above procedure if you wish to re-enable SMS on the same telephone number.
- You can also reactivate the validation procedure at any time by clicking the reactivate button if you suspect that thereareissues with SMS messages going through the mobile network.
ADAM ADAMS Whereabouts SMS phone number:
- ADAMS Production (https://adams.wada-ama.org) :+44 7781 480710 or 1 641 847 0066 for US based athletes
- ADAMS Training (https://adams-training.wada-ama.org):+44 7624 802848
You will notice other Tabs on your Profile page: