The User Preferences window allows you to manage your own password, configure challenge questions, set your preferred language, enable email notifications, define the first day of the week as to be displayed in your Whereabouts Calendar and allow your custodian to gain access to your not submitted Whereabouts details.
To access the User Preferences window, either click your name link at the right top in the ADAMS banner.
To configure your challenge questions, click the My Challenge Questions button in the User Preferences window.
Click the "Create Question" button, enter your question (e.g. Mother's maiden name, Name of first pet, Street you grew up on, City of birth, etc…) and then enter the answer by clicking the "Create Answer" button.
You may select one of the eleven languages currently supported by ADAMS: English, French, Japanese, Spanish, German, Arabic, Russian, Dutch, Finnish (Suomi), Chinese, Korean, Italian, Czech, Serbian, Portuguese (Brazil), Portuguese (Portugal), Hungarian, Turkish, Bulgarian and Polish. Select the desired language from the drop-down list, and then click the Save. ADAMS will then display the My Zone page in the language you selected.
A disclaimer is displayed when the user selects a language other than French or English:
Click the Change Password button in the User Preferences window.
- Enter your current password, enter the new password and then confirm it.
- The current password requirements are:
- Password must include at least one upper case character
- Password must include at least one letter
- The previous 6 passwords cannot be reused.
- Password must include at least one lower case character
- Password length must be at least 8 characters
- Password must include at least one numeric character
Due to the Security Policy passwords must be changed every 90 days. When you have to change your password because it has expired, a message will be displayed at the change password screen.
Requesting a Password Reset
- Click the Forgot password link
2. Enter your username and email address (must be same email address as in your profile) and submit. An email will be sent to you with a temporary password valid for 24 hours. You will have to change it at your first login.
3. Or if you do not have an email address in your profile you can look-up your NADO or NF.
Warning message: When a user has to change their password because it has expired, a message will be displayed at the change password screen.
ADAMS can send you an email every time you receive an ADAMS internal notification (see Message help). Pre-condition is that you must have provided an e-mail address to your custodian organization that on its turn must have enabled the e-mail functionality. Select Always send email: to always receive an email.
There are restrictions on when your Custodial organization can view and edit your whereabouts details.
- You and your athlete agents can at all times view and modify your whereabouts.
- If you don't have an ADAMS user account, your Custodial organization can view and modify your whereabouts details regardless of whether you have submitted your whereabouts already or not. Other organizations with access can only view your submitted whereabouts details.
- If you have an ADAMS user account, your Custodial organization can view and modify only your submitted whereabouts. Other organizations with access can only view your submitted whereabouts details.
However, if you have an ADAMS user account, you may allow your Custodial organization to gain access to your whereabouts details regardless of whether they are submitted or not. To do this, you need to change the option in your preferences.