- Go to the Search area.
- Click on the New bp lab result button.
3. Fill in the Sample Code. The Sample Code is a mandatory field at all times.
4. Enter a Lab reference number and Mission Order number if relevant (this could be the Client's Batch ID#).
5. Enter the sample collection date and specify A or B sample.
6. Fill in the country, region and city for the sample collection.
7. Select the "Blood Analyzer" type.
8. Enter the Date and Time Sample received by the Lab (mandatory), the Date Results reported and the Analysis Date & time.
9. The field Creator is a READ-only field displaying the organization that created the Lab Result record
10. Enter the mandatory Sample Collection Authority, Testing Authority and the optional Result Management Authority
As of Release 4.0, in pursuance of the International Standard for Laboratories 2015 (ISL) clause 184.108.40.206, the field Result Management Authority is to be added on the Lab pages in ADAMS (Lab result/EQAS/BPLR) as an optional field and the Testing authority as a mandatory field to allow Labs to report this information. In addition, the IST 2015 dictates that the RMA should become a mandatory field on the Doping control form (DCF). The TA is already a mandatory field on the DCF.
The RMA's role in the process and access rights are re-instated in order to follow up as per their results management duties. They will receive the ADAMS notification(s) for all laboratory results: Adverse Analytical Finding (AAF), Atypical Finding (ATF) and Negative laboratory results The TA is the organization that authorized the test(s) and will retain view-rights to the results as well as the right to receive the notifications. International Federations are notified automatically for AAFs based on the sport, as in previous versions of ADAMS.
11. Select the test type – In or Out of Competition and the Gender. If In-Competition is selected, a text box for the Competition Name appears.
12. Fill in the Sport/discipline. This field is populated by searching for the relevant sport/discipline from the database. Enter at least three letters from the desired sport name. Click on the magnifying glass icon to search. Select your Sport/Discipline from the pop up window.
13. Select the Gender
14. Complete the measure value for each Biological Parameter (use Add if necessary)
15. Change the lab result Status:
- Not submitted: This means that the result can be saved in ADAMS, but is not yet available to the Testing Authority. Mandatory fields can be left blank when saving, except for the Sample code field.
- Submitted: Once all analysis' are complete and ready to be submitted to the Testing Authority. All mandatory fields need to be filled out.
- Not Analyzed: the sample was not analyzed.
- Cancelled: nothing can be changed
16. If you are ready to record the result, DO NOT FORGET to click on the Save button.
17. When you save a Lab result for the first time, the Activities tab will be enabled. You can attach any files or documents via the Activities tab. For full details see the section on Attaching Files in ADAMS.
This Activities tab also tracks the creation of and amendment to each record in the system, so that by clicking on an Activity tab you can get an overview of the history of a specific lab result record. The Activity tab only stores one entry per day and it will reflect the last activity to a record for each day that there was activity to track.
18. Use the Notify button to notify other ADAMS-users within or outside your Lab
19. If desired, use the Print-button to create a hardcopy of the BPLR record (page being displayed, related data in the database including data under the tabs). It is recommended to print in View-mode and not in the Edit-mode.