ADAMS is currently supported on the following browsers:
- Firefox Version 3.6+
- Microsoft Internet Explorer Version 8+
To verify which version you are running, click Help /About from the browser's main menu bar.
The Safari browser on Macintosh platforms is still not officially supported, although most of the issues encountered in the previous version users have been resolved for Safari Version 5. Should you encounter any technical issues while using ADAMS on a Macintosh computer, please report it to your ADAMS custodian organization and indicate the platform used.
Should you experience any technical issue while using a different browser, please try again using one of the above browsers. Free versions of the browsers are available at the following addresses:
Clear your Browser Cache – IMPORTANT!
If you used a previous version of ADAMS, it is possible that your cache contains information that will conflict with a more recent version.
In any case, always clear your cache before you use a new version of ADAMS. To obtain detailed instructions on how to proceed for your specific browser, you can refer to pages such as the following: http://www.wikihow.com/Clear-Your-Browser%27s-Cache.
In a nutshell:
- If you are using Internet Explorer, select Internet Options from the Tools menu. Depending on the IE version you are using, you may click the Delete then the Delete Files… button in the Temporary Internet Files section of the General tab. Check the Delete all offline content checkbox and click Ok to clear your cache.
- If you are using Firefox, select Clear Private Data or Clear Recent History from the Tools menu. Make sure the Cache checkbox is selected; the other checkboxes can be blank. Then click the Clear Private Data Now or OK button.
Enabling the pop-up blocker may prevent some screens from appearing. In the Internet Explorer "Tools" menu, select "Pop-up Blocker Settings" and add adams.wada-ama.org to your "Allowed sites" list.
- If you are using Internet Explorer, select "Pop-up Blocker Settings" from the "Tools" menu and add adams.wada-ama.org to your "Allowed sites" list.
- If you are using Firefox, select "Options" from the "Tools" menu. In the "Content" tab, click the first "Exceptions…" button and add adams.wada-ama.org to your "Allowed Sites" list.
ADAMS includes a detector on the login page which will warn users if a pop-up blocker is enabled and inform them that ADAMS requires the use of pop-ups to execute properly.
Make sure that your screen resolution is set to 1024x768 pixels for optimum performance. This can be set in Display Properties within Control Panel in a Windows operating environment.
Using a Bookmark
If you experience difficulties logging into ADAMS, it may be because your bookmark (if any) for ADAMS is not correct. For access to the Production system, ensure that your bookmark is set to: https://adams.wada-ama.org. The "s" suffix in https must be present. Remove any extra characters following the URL. To verify the URL:
- If you are using Internet Explorer, click the Favorites button to display your bookmarks on the left hand side of the screen. Right-click the ADAMS bookmark, and select Properties. Ensure that the URL displayed exactly matches the one shown above.
- If you are using Firefox, select Sidebar from the View menu, then select Bookmarks to display your bookmarks on the left hand side of the screen. Right-click the ADAMS bookmark, and select Properties. Ensure that the URL displayed exactly matches the one shown above.